Yeeeesssssssss. Here it is. The episode you’ve all been waiting for, “Biking Through Tokyo”. I hope I didn’t talk it up too much prior to this. I edited this over the weekend. The footage had been sitting on my drive for about 2 weeks, just dying to be put to good use.
I had to be a little creative with the editing since alot of it was bumping. It’s alot like drinking too much coffee the way it runs now. Please don’t eat anything while watching this. Hopefully you will enjoy some of the sights of Tokyo as I did on that day. Oh, and instead of shownotes, here are delicious time-code notes where I’ve marked points of interest that I don’t mention in audio.
- 0:00 – Fancy-schmancy intro as always
- 1:00 – The dreaded Nissan’s Business Japanese makes a guest appearance
- 1:06 – Note the super-secure bike lock
- 1:37 – ã˜ã¦ã‚“ã—ã‚ƒ is Japanese for Bicycle (pronounced “ji-tenn-sha”)
- 1:47 – That is a highway on/off ramp
- 2:18-2:25 – If you look closely, you can almost see the kitty-cat sticker on the bell. LOL
- 2:58 – Ferrari
- 3:40 – Notice how many different types of sidewalks there are yet??
- 3:47 – I pedal through people in Asakusa-bashi w/o touching my feet on the ground – You have no idea how hard it was to navigate that with one hand and film at the same time. ^_^
- 4:22 – The Asahi Beer building
Special thanks to Gustav Young from Oddioblender for letting me use the track “Frantic Footsteps” for this video. Please check out the site for more great glitchy nerdcore music. I listen to this album constantly!
Alternative video link (Google Video)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download